Saturday, August 27, 2005

Windmills


A traditional Texas image is the windmill, turning
slowly on a hot and lazy afternoon.
Squealing because the bearings need grease, but
still pumping water for the stock tanks on
a cattle ranch.
These days they are a popular decoration for suburban
businesses, and miniatures can even be seen in people's
front lawns.
This one is a restored antique but does nothing more
than add a rustic flavor to the parking lot of a bank.


Views Of Texas has just passed 1000 hits since I started
keeping track a few months ago. Not much compared to
commercial sites but I'm proud nonetheless.
I want to thank my visitors from all over the world,
and I hope y'all enjoy peeking into my collection of
photos that I have lovingly taken in my favorite parts
of the Republic Of Texas.

No comments: