Monday, March 20, 2006

High Cirrus

Using a borrowed Sony H1 digicam, I took advantage of
weather conditions that were suggested in a recent
magazine article: High, fast-moving cirrus clouds
and a fullish moon, with the bonus of zero groundlevel
wind which helped keep my neighbor's tree sharp.
Now I feel like I'm ready in case I happen upon an interesting
subject with a similar background.

Working with an unfamiliar camera was a difficult experience
for me, so I'm glad I managed to get a few keepers.
This post marks the very first time a photo has appeared here
on Views of Texas that wasn't taken with my beloved Sony F717.
But this shot wasn't anything I couldn't have captured with my
usual rig.
The next one, on the other hand...

(Click on the photo to enlarge it to full size)

2 comments:

Matthew Robertson said...

Very nice. The thumbnail image doesn't do the full-sized one justice.

Was this hand-held with the IS, or tripod-mounted?

Keith Alan K said...

Thanks, M.
Tripod**f3.2**ISO64**20 seconds