Friday, April 28, 2006

Water Tanks

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

This pair of concrete water tanks sit in a field
on Huebner Rd, in Leon Valley Texas.
Very old and certainly not as big or high-tech as the
other ones in this small town, they still have a certain
charm. And they are still in use.
I have always meant to photograph them but never got
around to it until last week.
And only because I needed a subject that reached up to
the sky in order to make the best possible use of these
fine looking clouds. A month sooner would have
been better so the trees wouldn't have had so many leaves
blocking my subjects.
28mm (35mm equivalent) just isn't wide-angle enough to
achieve the look I was hoping for.
And those big piles of dirt on the right didn't help.
But at least I got out in the sunshine and brought home
a photo I don't mind looking at.

No comments: