Thursday, February 02, 2006

Downtown At Night 2

Every digital photographer who isn't a fate-tempting fool
knows that you have to back-up your image files to a safe
storage medium. Otherwise, when your computer crashes, explodes,
get's stolen or in some way ceases to serve you, all those photos
you took will be lost forever.
I burn mine to CDs every two weeks, because that's about how long
it takes me to fill one up. After a few months I have to delete
a bunch from my harddrive to make room for more, since my old
computer's two drives only add up to 9 gigabytes.
But that means that in order to search my archives I have to go
through a stack of CDs, and that's a pain. So I recently bought
(using a stack of BestBuy giftcards I got for Christmas--thanks
everyone!) a Maxtor external USB harddrive with 93 gigs of storage.
In the process of loading image files from the CDs onto the new
drive, I came across some overlooked photos that I thought I would
share.
These were taken on April 26, 2005 from the 5th floor of a downtown
parking garage--a useful tip for my fellow photographers--because I
was able to shoot from all four sides and access only cost $1 an hour.
So give 'em a click and check 'em out.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one. You usually only see that while driving around it. It has a certainly peaceful quality just to be able to look at it.

I will be in San Antonio in two weeks for a convention, but I don't think I will have time to do anything like this. Busy from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. almost every day I'm there. But I'm definitely going to try for this with my summer convention. I just really love the first shot.

Keith Alan K said...

Thanks, L. Sylvia has always liked this one and I don't really know why I never posted it. Maybe because when it was new I already had a bunch of 'Torch of Friendship' on here already. Despite the bad attitudes of other locals towards this gift from the people of Mexico, I have always found it to be an interesting and beautiful subject that really belongs in that particular spot.