Thursday, February 16, 2006

Views Of Texas 1st Anniversary (Carnival Photos)

Views Of Texas has been on the web for a year now.
242 photos in 154 posts, around three a week.
Since I didn't start counting until a few months later, there
have probably been over 10,000 hits. Wow!
I want to thank all my regular visitors, and especially
Matthew--who's own photoblog led me to Blogger.com--as well as
Laurie & Bruce. These three have left the most comments, which
means a lot to me. You can visit their sites by clicking on
the links to the right.

On Valentine's day we went to the San Antonio Stock Show
and Rodeo.
This yearly event forces the SPURS to take a long roadtrip.
In addition to concerts and rodeo events, the stock show and
auction put a lot of kids through college. Some of their
prize-winning animals sell for over $100,000.
We went for the exhibits, food and the carnival, and to let a goat
eat Sylvia's sweater.

These are just a few of the photos I brought home.
I hope you enjoy them.
(Click to Enlarge)
Giant Fiberglass Cow


Time To Weigh-In


Freeman Coliseum


Some Cowboys Are Still Straight


Carousel And Wild Sky


Three 'Hell No' Rides In Action


Before: Anticipation


After: Exhiliration


Midway At Dusk


Ride's Over, Little Cowboy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Keith! I enjoy your photos and I'm looking forward to another year of your "View of Texas."

I was thinking of hitting up the Houston Rodeo for shots exactly like these. Seeing yours definitely seal the deal!

Bruce said...

Congratulations on one year of "Views of Texas." It's a solid, and by no means easy, accomplishment. Your photos and narratives have inspired me and given me many good ideas for my own projects.

Keith Alan K said...

I sure do appreciate the kind words, y'all. Other TexBlogs may come and go, but I can always depend on you two for plenty of quality posts of things I want to see. Between us we manage to cover the 'Metroplexes of Texas' pretty well, don't you think?