Friday, December 08, 2006

Two Leaves

At this time of year it seems like everyone posts photos of dead leaves. Some on the ground or floating on a lake, others clinging to the tree in a defiant gesture against the coming winter.

This was part of a test series of a plastic reflector that bounces some of the light from the pop-up flash down in front of the lens, where normally there's just a big shadow.
Night close-ups of bugs and toads and cicadas are too difficult using flashlights (despite my successes) so I'm trying everything I can to get more light right in front of my lens.
Without the reflector the bottom 2/3rds of this photo would be dark, so I'm on the right track.
I liked the simplicity and composition, but it's an accident because I was just stumbling around my yard in the dark shooting everything in (dim) sight.

No comments: