Sunday, October 19, 2008

Denise & Daniel King Wedding

Our dear friends Denise and Daniel got married today. In a stroke of good/bad luck the club I was supposed to thump tonight cancelled all bands so I was able to stay for the reception and take pictures and drink free beer--tipping heavily, of course!

I wasn't surprised at all to bump into ace event photographer Chris Pichado. This young fellow really knows his flash, both on-camera and Strobist style, and is a hoot to party with. He's a member of my camera club and is someone I respect and enjoy knowing.



The happy couple's daughter Amber. She's cute and sweet and completely ignores everyone who tries to get her attention.

The critical 1st dance as dude and wife.

Amber, the legendary Mike Gallegos, and the bride's mom are twisting the night away.

Jeremy the bartender was situationally-aware enough to realize that when I set my camera on his bar and pressed the shutter button followed by holding my hands over my Alpha like it might explode meant that I was taking a long exposure digital photograph and that walking into the frame might be a bad thing.
He's smarter than most people and a good 'tender.

6 more photos in a few days

No comments: