Monday, April 19, 2010

Mission Accomplished

The grain mill building:
If you're lucky they'll actually be grinding corn when you visit.
It's fascinating, intricate, primitive, and beautiful.

A first for me: Restroom window in infrared.

This is why many people stop using the lens that came with their fancy big cameras.
The curving walls give this lovely church a fun-house feel that I find very distracting.
Makes me a little nauseous, even.

There are wide angle lenses that don't do this, but you have to pay a lot for the extra complexity. If you sell your photos, it's often worth it.
If there's room, simply backing away from your subject and using some zoom will usually straighten things up again.

Ahhh, that's better!
Not only did I back up, I also switched to my infrared Sony F828.
A version of this shot from a few years ago is hanging on many walls around town, so I thought I would give it another go.
That one has a stormy feel to it that really works, but I like this, too.

That's all from my most recent Missions visits.
There is nothing in the pipeline until I get a chance to shoot something new.
Maybe by the weekend.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments: