Thursday, April 08, 2010

Mission Concepcion

Took some Missions virgins on a tour last weekend.
We managed to hit 2 of the 4 not named Alamo before I had to go home and get ready for work. The rest of our crew stopped to eat and before they knew it, 5pm had arrived and the doors got locked by the National Park Service.

I took two cameras and wished I had thought to put a strap on one of them so I could do without carrying a bag.

First up is an infrared shot using the F828:
It took just about all of my patience but I got this shot without any people in it, and they were all over the place. I think I had 2 seconds before someone walked into the frame again.
Sometimes I wonder if y'all think I go shooting at weird times on days when the whole world is busy to keep random folk out of my pics, but the truth is that I just stand in my spot and focus my powers on the weak minds of every other person around me, compelling them to move out of the frame.
Much like Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi mind tricks, but with more liberal use of swear words. "You need to seek shade right now, or your sweaty ass will betray you to the Empire".



The recent restoration of the interior looks fantastic, and again I had to "influence" a lot of people to leave in order to get these photos.

The pic from my "Happy Easter" post on Sunday was also taken here at this time.
It was my favorite for many reasons, and while it was supposed to be the highlight of this post I'm not sorry that I ran it early.

No comments: