Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Marathon Girl Brings Home The Gold

Sylvia left me home alone all weekend to run in the Dallas Rock & Roll Marathon.
She did the half-marathon (13.1 miles) and scored her 5th medal.
That's all three R&Rs in SA and 2 in Dallas.




The headliner for the after-concert was Bret Michaels.
I'm proud as hell of Sylvia's accomplishments. No effing way I could run 10% of a marathon, but maintain that I could beat her in the 50 yard dash any day of the week.
Even at 9AM!


While she was gone I raked leaves and branches with a rake that I rescued from the middle of a street in Selma, fixed a leaking hose, and watched the Spurs lose twice.
Made some killer hashbrowns one night for the next day's breakfast tacos.
Washed her car.
Vacuumed my truck.

1 comment:

Albatross said...

I did the leaves, too, but I actually bought my rake.!

:-D

Oh, and I watched the Spurs lose, too.

:-(