Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mission Espada

Sometimes we'll end up at one of the Missions on a whim, usually with a guest who's never seen them.
Since I almost always have one of my cameras with me, I'm semi-prepared for these spontaneous visits but miss having more of my kit.

This time, I wished that I had my flash gear.
Good high-iso performance got me this, but I had to pass-up the shot I wanted.






This is a new look at a subject that I'd entered in a contest years ago.
It lost, and also managed to generate some controversy--good times!




I would've liked to have had my infrared camera along, as the Missions are a great place to shoot in black and white.

Maybe next time.

5 comments:

Albatross said...

Controversy? Which picture, and for God's sake why?

Keith Alan K said...

The middle one. The contest was for photos of "abandoned/ruins", and one voter was adamant that mine didn't fit the criteria, despite the missing door, roof and wall. It got ugly, and eventually their vote was removed and they were banned from the site.

Keith Alan K said...

http://keithalank.blogspot.com/2011/03/ruins-abandoned.html

Albatross said...

Hm. Seems like a strange point to make a stand on -- for the other person. Because it looks pretty ruined to me.

Keith Alan K said...

Yeah, it was bizarre. A few people argued my case very well, and they are still friends to this day. The interwebs sure were a lot more fun and crazy back then.