Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ships And Machine Guns

Took a 2 hour cruise on the Mississippi today, oboard a steam-powered paddlewheel.

 
Coast Guard on the job. Keep it up! 


 
I'm kinda fascinated by modern lifeboats. 


Cruise ship loading. 


Did you know that you can Google a ship's name and instantly know all about it? I was pointing to vessels we were passing and telling people how long they'd been docked, what they were carrying, tonnage, etc. 

If you're ever in New Orleans I recommend taking The Natchez. 


We knew we wanted to take the boat but it came together last-minute so I had the "wrong" camera with me, but these pics turned out fine. Might be the first time I've blogged color photos from the F828 instead of the usual infrared black & whites. 


On the subject of Tasty Treats: A bunch of us hit a scuzzy little dump just off Bourbon St. for Po' Boys. Mine was fried chicken, while the others went with catfish and shrimp. 
It's hard to make a bad chicken sandwich--I don't even mind McDonald's--so it's not like my standards are all that high... 
But the one I ate tonight was the best I've ever had by far. 
And it was so big I really wanted to save half for later, but couldn't bring myself to stop eating until it was gone. 

The first bite got stuck somehow, and it took a few minutes before I was able to get it to go down. Instead of worrying about almost choking to death I just got mad about having to wait on that second bite. 

Is that a good review, or what? 


No comments: