Friday, January 27, 2006

The Beast

Yes, this is in response to the flower photo I posted
last night. Got to have some balance, and make the statement
that just because I enjoy taking a nice flower photo
doesn't mean that I'm becoming a sissy.
On Sunday I took another one of my seemingly aimless car journeys
where I listen to the voice in my head telling me where to turn,
knowing that eventually I'll come across something that
needs it's picture taken.
And this photo is a rare one on Views Of Texas because it was
taken on a cloudy day and it's in black and white.
Those two facts are interrelated because using greyscale
emphasizes the mood of the day and nature of the subject
in ways that color never could.
It was also a perfect image to experiment with using
PhotoShop's channel mixer, and stands among my favorite
black and white conversions.
(I have been told that thumbnails don't do this picture justice, so please click on it to see the full-sized version.)

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Keith,

I continue to enjoy very much your photographic talents and your prose. Thanks for your faithfulness.

Keith Alan K said...

My thanks to you for the very kind comment, BB. Whenever a too-hard edge creeps into my work I try to remember to retreat into YOUR site for a reminder that finding beauty or truth in all of His creations is my ultimate goal.

Keith Alan K said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this photo reminded me of your shot of that old car in the grassy field you posted last year.
While my setting wasn't nearly as organic and satisfying as yours, I had hopes as the shutter was opened that I could somehow capture a similar mood. Yours is still better, perhaps because I didn't have as intimate of a connection with my subject.