Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Model Cars

Several years ago I collected Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning and other
small cars at a furious pace.
There are a few hundred of them in boxes that I hope are becoming more valuable over time.

Narrowing my focus somewhat, I now collect the Olds 442 and the
Shelby AC Cobra exclusively.
This particular Shelby model is interesting because it's 1:87 Scale.
That means it 'fits' on HO-Scale model railroads and is a
steal at $1.67 from WalMart, while similar products in the
hobby shops that sell train stuff retail for $10 or more.
Currently the online interest in locating these models is
a bit intense.
The photo fools our perceptions, because this little car
is only 1.75" long.

(Click On Me And I Get Bigger. In fact, the car is only about half the size of this thumbnail image!)

No comments: