Friday, November 10, 2006

Lackland AFB Airshow



This was my first airshow since getting a digital camera and of course it was badly overcast the whole weekend.
Regular visitors know that I don't much care for cloudy days unless the sun is peeking through to light my subjects, but you can't change the weather.
And if the sun had been out it would have been shining right down the lens, so all in all I can't complain.

A simple mistake kept these from being more colorful but at least I learned an important lesson, and personal growth is all that really matters.
The smart things I did were to shoot in shutter-priority mode at 1/1000 and manually focus at infinity so every shot was sharp and the camera's response was much quicker, and to switch to the EVF instead of the LCD to track the planes with both eyes open.
Some +EV would have been helped.
Next time.

No comments: