Friday, November 24, 2006

Walking At Night

We have been walking a lot lately, so naturally I want to walk to weird places so I can add some photography to the mix.
Just down the closest main street from our neighborhood there's this bridge over a wide drainage ditch. I have a bunch of previous photos from here, but I kinda like these newest ones better.

This concrete drain pipe feeds into the ditch underneath the bridge. The bluish light is from my flashlight, trying to see as far as possible up the pipe.

If it's possible to have a favorite tree, this one is mine. I have watched it die, get big sections cut down by a firewood thief, and then come back with new growth over the last three years.
I like it so much I walked there by myself a few nights after the other two photos were taken just to do it justice with a better picture.

No comments: