Friday, November 17, 2006

Waiting To Cross Over

While the shutter was open he walked into the shot to ask me the time, then stood waiting for the train to pass so he could cross the tracks and head for home after a long day's work.
But now I wonder if it happened at all...

*************************************
Today marks the 2-year anniversary of getting my camera.
I have taken 17,226 photos with it in that time, posting well over a thousand on the internet in various places.
Hopefully I will keep getting better at bringing my visitors photos and stories worthy of their time.

*************************************
Update 1: The photo above has just been selected for the Editor's Choice section of the Railroad Forums Photo Gallery. It shares this honor with 302 other photos out of 26,661 total pictures from over 2000 photographers.
That's quite an anniversary present, and very flattering.

*************************************
Update 2: Another bit of recognition, as the Houston Photobloggers website has put this picture in their Spotlight on November 30.
I have entered it in two contests so far, one of which has a Samsung/Pentax DSLR with a Schneider-Kreuznach 50-200mm lens as first prize. Cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

Matsukuroneko said...

Hey this is Calley from the Witte Museum. This is officially my favorite Photo, you are very talented!