Thursday, August 14, 2008

Geese Have Blue Eyes?

This was taken on the banks of the Guadalupe River in Kerrville Texas, an hour drive northwest of San Antonio.
The location is behind a nightclub where I have worked at least once a month since March.
Every time we play there I take a few shots of this same goose, but nothing has pleased me until last Saturday evening's attempt.

Context



Composition



Close-Up



I'm glad I bought the 2-lens kit right from the start (saving more than $100).
The 55-200mm is a great asset.
Changing lenses in dark and smokey nightclubs or on the dusty banks of a river fills me with dread because I'm exposing my camera's delicate guts to the elements every single time, but after seeing some results from choosing the right tool for the job I'm always glad I forced myself to just do it.

No comments: