Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas card picture, with some added type just for this site.


I was thrilled to be able to combine my loves of night photography featuring both architecture and fountains, as well as fulfill my goal this year of combining religious with secular holiday imagery.
A year ago this shot wasn't possible because main plaza was being renovated to it's current state, thanks to Mayor Hardberger's vision. Despite widespread skepticism, (some people were saying he was ramming a terrible idea down our throats) I have to admit he was dead right--the results are wonderful even though the designers 'forgot' to comply with the disabilities act. (What's an extra quarter million dollars when we have a city manager that has saved us close to a quarter billion in the last few years?)
Before the renovation you couldn't shoot San Fernando Cathedral in a clean and direct manner like this because of the big old (diseased) red elm trees blocking the view.
Now there are fountains and restrooms and space to hang out.
Love It!!!
When Main Plaza is truly finished I'll be bringing you more views, as there are many interesting photo-ops and we've figured out free parking nearby.

I wish you all a Happy Holiday, and thanks for visiting my humble little corner of the interwebs.

4 comments:

Bruce said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the wallpaper and the card. Gorgeous photography.

Dave said...

Incredible shot. At first, I was upset that those people by the Christmas tree had the nerve to get in your way, but actually, they really add a bit of character.

And yes, for all the little issues with Main Plaza, in the end I think our city will be much better off for it.

laanba said...

This is a beautiful card. Another excellent Christmas photo. I hope you had a great one.

Keith Alan K said...

Thanks, everyone! Christmas was great, as usual. Hope y'all had a fine time, and got enough love and joy and Jesus.