Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Random Stuff

At 4am I stepped outside to water a small patch of burnt grass.
For the first time in a long time, our patio thermometer delivered good news:
Since it's impossible for air conditioners to fight 100+ degree weather to much better than a mid-70s stalemate, tonight is the coldest my body has been since early March.
Goosebumps.

(At 6:30am the temp is down to 60f, which is even better).

Today was the very first sign that there might be a change in the hot and dry suffering we've endured, and for that I'm grateful.

A little taste of hope goes a long way towards improving one's mood.



In totally unrelated business, I saw this:
I'm interested because bacon rules, but haven't tasted it yet.
Several vegetarians of my aquaintance have a bacon exception, which proves that they aren't completely insane.

No comments: