Friday, July 21, 2006

South Padre Island Day 1

(Click on the photos to enlarge)


We went to the island again this week, so here are
some photos from our first day there.
These first three were taken on the western shore, so the still
water seen is the Laguna Madre.
The sun was setting as we ate dinner in a large group on the
restaurant's patio, and I was dying for the chance to slip away
for some photography.
The exposures aren't too long so not having my tripod
wasn't a problem. I used whatever I could find as an
improvised rest, and nearly every photo was sharp.

This one was taken later that night on the
Gulf Of Mexico side of the island.
Exposure was 30 seconds and I intentionally made the tripod's
shadow part of the image itself to add a needed point of interest.
Kind of like when actors suddenly talk directly into the camera,
it breaks 'the wall' between the image itself and the creative
process.

No comments: