Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jefferson Memorial

(Click to enlarge)

The gecko shot in the previous post was a brand new photo, with the replacement CCD Sensor.
This one is all the way in the other direction, having been shot with an F717 that wasn't even mine.

Back in Nov. 2004 I had important business at Arlington National Cemetery. I borrowed a camera to document the event, and the results were much better than I could have reasonably expected since I was only a "parttime, borrowed-camera rank amateur".
Taking a chance, I uploaded this picture to photo.net for critiques and rating, and managed to score some rather high numbers.
"Hmmm...maybe photography is something I should get involved in more seriously" I thought.
A few weeks later that camera was sent away forever, and in a surprising turn of events I became physically ill because of it. I was constantly nauseous, and couldn't sleep or eat.
Yes, I had been bitten badly by the shutterbug.
In only a few days my wonderful lady found me another F717, and within 3 months Views Of Texas was born.

So this shot is one of those that got me started on this amazing journey.
I treasure the friends I have made online because of photography, and I hope I have entertained you all while passing along a few useful tips to those who are interested.

No comments: