Saturday, October 21, 2006

Chalk It Up 2006

(Click on the photos to enlarge)
Every year at this time the city closes part of Houston Street so that ArtPace can put on Chalk It Up.
Invited artists, schools and kids use chalk to make art on the street and sidewalks.
There's music and fajita tacos, and plenty of people-watching to go with the art.


A tribute to the late great Benito Texas native Freddy Fender.


I was shooting the shooters as much as the art and artists.


I'm sure I wasn't the only photographer who was annoyed by all of the rude people who would walk right into your shot or block you. Is it too much to ask that they pause for a second or two when it's obvious that you're taking a photo?
Monkeys have better manners.


More photos in the next post.

1 comment:

laanba said...

I saw a blurb on this festival this morning on the weather channel and I thought of your photos (they showed the monkey among other things!). It looks like such a great thing to photograph.