Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Condo Fire

(Click on the photos to enlarge)
Late last night there was a 2-alarm fire in the basement of this 22-floor condominium building. Everyone was evacuated as smoke poured out, according to the TV news.
I got there late, but was able to take pictures as the situation was brought under control as well as answer questions from frightened people who arrived after me.


This young family is nervously waiting for the word, so they can go back into their home. The little girl wrapped in a blanket is up way past her bedtime.


All of the area streets are closed to traffic, but the scene is just down the road from me and I know all of the interconnecting parking lots well, so I was able to sneak alot closer than everyone else.
Here are some firefighters killing time.

(I'll have three more photos for the next post.)

No comments: