Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Rodeo Again

We hit the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo every year.
In 2007 we even watched the actual rodeo part of things, then a concert by Staind.
Last year I worked at it, taking pictures for a band performing there.
This year we went on the cheap--Monday was "Dollar Day".
The weather was gloomy, but photographically speaking I did okay.


I wonder why there's a painting of Ernest Borgnine behind this singing cowboy?


The Vlasic Pickle Stork's picture was better than the Pillsbury Doughboy's.


When you shear a sheep it's cruel to parade them around in the cold all naked, so they wear little coats.

We ate free ice cream cones, a funnel cake, and chicken fried bacon.
Yes, fried bacon! Pretty good stuff.

Looked at all the merchandise but didn't buy anything.
Strolled through the livestock barns and educational displays.
Avoided the petting zoo because of a tragic incident in 2006 involving sweater-eating goats.
Rides? Nahh.
Games of chance? Hell no.

From the Archives:
2006
2007 Miscellaneous
2007 Carnival Rides

2 comments:

laanba said...

Fried Bacon? My mind can't even wrap around that, but I'm sure it will make its way to the Houston rodeo. I probably won't EAT it, but I'l try to get a look.

Dave said...

Fried Bacon?

I always eat my bacon fried. But Chicken Fried Bacon - I know, it sounds crazy, but give it a shot. Then be sure to go jogging or something afterward.