Friday, March 06, 2009

Fix It, For Good

Modern electronic items are disposable.
With the exception of many PCs (due to their modular, up-gradable design and excluding Macs) most TVs, cameras, DVD players, PDAs, PMPs, cellphones, etc are so tightly packed into their cases that it's impossible to locate defective parts let alone replace them.
If it isn't a software problem you're probably out of luck.

So do what I do--have some fun, vent your frustrations, and share it with the world.


This Motorola phone was a terrible device.
Compared to our LGs it falls off the bottom of my ratings chart.
So I chucked-up a 1/2" drill bit, clamped it in, and drilled it into oblivion.


Since the flash used in the first photo "froze" the spinning drill (you can see some flying bits of plastic) I used my workbench lights for this one.
Yup--all the way through!




Do Not leave batteries in whatever you're going to kill.
And especially don't leave something plugged into the wall!


Those nice holes give me a few options for step 2.

Any ideas?

4 comments:

Dave said...

Fashionable belt buckle.

Albatross said...

Firecracker for the hole.

KenKzak said...

Nitric Acid?

DNA?

Korean Mayo!!!

Allen said...

Haha! this is hilarious!
I hate Motorola Phones, no matter HOW hard they try!

I think it would've been better if you drilled thru the middle of the D-pad.

Umm.. you should try connecting household power to the pins where the batteries go, you should see nothing for a few seconds, and then BANG!