Sunday, June 18, 2006

Focus

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

Shot for a contest which had the theme: Focus.
I intended to demonstrate how when faced with a
multi-layered composition it's important to choose
carefully which layer gives you the intended mood the best.
Moon, clouds, big branches, twigs...which would you have chosen to be sharp?
As it turned out, nobody 'got it'.

The reason I'm posting this photo tonight is to remind
myself to focus on solving my current problem without
letting emotions cloud my judgement.

Because........my camera is broken.

Whether I get it repaired or replaced, this is probably
going to cost a lot of money I simply don't have, and I
can kiss the new tripod I need goodbye.
Even if one of the best-case scenarios play out, I might
be without a camera for at least a month.

Views Of Texas will continue getting updates for as long
as I can keep finding stories among the 14,233 pictures
I have taken since November 17, 2004.
The tone of my writing will no doubt get darker.
I'm sorry about that, but y'all will get through
this better than I.

Words can't begin to convey how dark my mood is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, it's very sad that your camera is broken. But who knows, maybe one day ... there's a little miracle. I hope it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Keith, I'm so sorry. Surely you know some people with digital cameras that don't use them all the time. Maybe you can borrow one every once in a while to get some new material, or to just lighten your mood. Keep us updated.