Thursday, June 29, 2006

Gerber Daisy And Lens

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

The title clearly states what we're looking at.
A big question is why?

Not much of a Texas View here.
In fact, except for the black paper background this
doesn't even look like my work.
It's a bit grainy, and not nearly as sharp as my other
close-up photos. This is due in part to my using the
smallest aperture available with a long exposure, so as
to get the maximum depth of focus. My lens is sharpest
wide-open and closer to the subject.
I shot it a few hours ago while testing a tripod attachment
that I built Tuesday night. Cutting steel and aluminum is
fun, but drilling holes in them is easier.
The tests went well, but it's final result(s) won't be shown.
I'm waiting to shoot something more interesting tomorrow
using this new/old technique, so will remain cryptic and vague
until my next post.

All I'll say is that it's going to be very cool.
And deep.
And a bit of a strain on the eyes.
You have 3 guesses.

No comments: