Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My City At Night

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

This is the eastern third of downtown San Antonio as seen
from the roof of a nine-story apartment building near
Hildebrand Rd, looking south-southeast.
The church is just down the hill while the rest of
the scene is probably 3 miles away.

A professional photographer (with a $5000 camera) at the same
event saw what I was doing and tried to copy me, but couldn't
figure out why her results had a yellow sky every time.
After watching her press nearly every button she had over
the course of about twenty exposures I took pity and explained
the problem.
The "lady" bagged her shot, then walked away without thanking me.
Not a big surprise.
The other 250 people on that particular rooftop were beyond rude, too.
Some of them have earned very unflattering nicknames for life.

I love my city, but that doesn't mean I have to love
everyone who lives here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the problem?

Keith Alan K said...

White Balance. She was shooting candids without flash under flourescent lights.