Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pig Stand

(Click on the photo to enlarge)

On the premises of Pig Stand #24 on Presa Street
stands this 12' tall "Big Pig".
Generally credited as the first chain of drive-in restaurants,
they also claim to have invented onion rings, chicken-fried steak
and Texas Toast.
You can google "Pig Stand" for too much more info.

On the camera front, the latest news is that my unit was made
during the period when a number of faulty CCD sensors from Sony
made it past QC. Canon and Fuji cameras using these sensors
were also affected. Sony's service advisory covers my model
and date of manufacture, so a free repair may be forthcoming.
So now the problem is just like when your car is doing something
funky but when you take it to the dealer it purrs like a kitten.
After three days of constant useless photos, now that I'm trying
to pass the test on Sony's website (or is it fail?) my beloved
F717 is working purrfectly.
So the current plan is to keep using it, and continue getting
new material for Views Of Texas (and Zzakk's Garage) while hoping
that the sensor finally craps out completely before the free repair
program ends in a few months.
But don't be surprised if I get some weird looking color streaks
across a photo, and decide I like it enough that way to post it
here anyway.
I'm stubborn, and won't be denied my blog posts.
(That means I have already done this elsewhere, and at least
one person liked it.)

3 comments:

laanba said...

Yay, glad to see your fiesty spirit back!

Matthew Robertson said...

I'm glad that your camera issues are being sorted out, but please, no more photos of that pig. That thing's just too ugly.

Keith Alan K said...

Thanks, Laurie. I'm not going to let my equipment problems keep me down.
Matthew: No promises...