Friday, February 08, 2008

The Old Stone Shack

A very old and very small one-room house hidden in the woods.
I think it was built by hand from stones laying on the ground in the area.

I lit up the outside with a powerful rechargeable spotlight, diffused and dimmed using a sheet of paper.
13 second exposure to get the sky.
Two remotely triggered flashes inside the shack aimed at the windows.


Inside, it's a dark and scary place at night.
The cobwebs show the decades of neglect.
Single flash camera-right.


Even though I know the back door leads outside, there was no way I was going to open it.
25 second exposure using the spotlight through a window.

Someone has bought the property and is starting to restore this building so I had to shoot it now while I could still get inside.

No comments: