Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Memphis

After a short but excellent time in Clarksville, we headed west to Memphis where a fourth cousin lives. He put us up for the night, then took us on a tour of his company followed by a trip to Beale Street and other downtown sights.

Former home of those bastard Grizzlies, the pyramid is being gutted and will soon be a Bass Pro Shop. No shit!


Ken and I on the banks of the Mississippi River, a stone's throw from Cybil Shepard's townhome.


The famous Lorraine Motel, where Dr. Martin Luther King met his untimely end.


On Beale St.


Rudy Gay banner on the parking garage at the FedEx Forum, new home of the Grizzlies.


Elvis stencil graffiti.

We also went to the Peabody Hotel, where those famous ducks live on the roof then ride the elevator down to splash in a lobby fountain with the turtles.

1 comment:

Dave said...

The several times I have flown through Memphis changing flights I have seen that pyramid building. I seriously had no idea it was an arena. I had imagined it was the summer home of Kenny Chesney or some singer.

I have to say, though I'm no fan of graffiti, you could do a lot worse than an Elvis stencil.