Saturday, February 10, 2007

Maury Maverick Jr. Branch Library

Please excuse the look of the text/photo relationships, as I'm just guessing...
Google's Blogger, which hosts all of my sites, underwent an upgrade several months ago.
I was among the very first members to be invited to switch over during the beta testing period but that's not of interest to me--being a guinea pig--so I have resisted the change long after I should have.
Tonight when I tried to make this post I was informed that I could ignore the 'invitation' to switch only one more time before it was forced upon me, so since I have a few more beers in the fridge it made sense to handle the process now.
So I won't get all mad if things don't work right.

Anyway, above is the front of our newest local library branch.
I shot it from as far away as I could get to keep the sides straight, then went inside for a library card.
My first two books were a biography of Ansel Adams and a book he wrote describing exactly how he made a bunch of his legendary photos.
Font Change: A detail shot from close-up.
This building won an architectural award of some kind. I would research this info for you but am too concerned with using the new blogger interface right now.
The fire station next-door shares the same architecture, so they saved money by ordering extra materials that are the same, in higher quantities. It's actually nice the way they match when you see it.
A detail shot of the pierced-steel screening on the front of the buildings.
I like how the dots make it look like the picture isn't cropped square at the top edge.
Optical illusions are cool.

So now I'm going to hit the "Publish" button and see just how jacked-up the new blogger interface really is.....
Wish me luck?

No comments: