Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The New Convention Center

Click on the photos, please
Well...not exactly new, since it's been open for over a year, but newer than the one that was torn down to make room for it.


I like the design, and there's plenty of public art to enjoy on the grounds.


In other old news, the fountains are back on in HemisFair Plaza around the Tower Of The Americas.
The drought of 2005-6 caused all decorative water in the city to be shut off--a move that set a good example for our citizens but disappointed a lot of tourists. I definitely question the wisdom of this decision, as I overheard many angry remarks from people who came to SA and spent a lot of money.


Since becoming interested in night photography coincided with dry fountains, it was lucky for me that I remembered last night that the H2O was flowing again.
And I'm also glad I went because the lack of rain in February means that water restrictions may be back sooner than we think.

More-Better photos of the fountains in the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new convention center. The new glass sections has great light!

http://photine.photopholio.com/archives/5971_1138123691/211877