Saturday, July 14, 2007

Island Fireworks

Click to enlarge the photos, please
We timed our vacation to be there on the night of the fourth, but it had nothing to do with my taking pictures.
Time-off just works better this way.

Online research told us that the fireworks show would be good, and it was. Long and loud with the added bonus of being over the water.
I moved my equipment a few times until we ended up at the marina shown here.

I don't want to talk about the traffic jam afterwards, but I will.
It took us two hours to make it back to our hotel which was only a mile away.
Only one main road on the narrow island combined with springbreak-fratboy-fighter cops meant that traffic control was a joke.
Those of you who know me might be surprised to learn that I wasn't the one who lost their temper.

Two Final Fotos Coming Up Next...

No comments: