Friday, March 30, 2007

Flowers And Bugs

Click on photos to enlarge
Springtime has given me a definite boost in morale, photography-wise.
I love color and life.
Having done bugs and then flowers, I thought it was time to combine them.

This little butterfly was enjoying our 2-foot-tall valley lemon tree's blossoms, but he only allowed photographs while having a rest on a leaf.
They smell incredible, so I can't blame him.
Cool antennae, huh?


A few seconds later this bumblebee showed up. I like the motion-blur of her wings and thorax since it helps impart a feeling of busy.
This is today's lucky shot because the bee flew away as soon as I took it, so one chance was all I had.
Several bumbles live in holes in the roof support of our patio. I had a lizard friend (a male green anole) who lived in a hanging plant nearby and one afternoon he caught and killed 2 of them while I watched--not to eat, I think he just got annoyed with them buzzing around him all the time.


Considering I'm allergic to bees and wasps, taking this photo was very brave of me (if I do say so myself) since this particular valley lemon tree at the in-law's has thousands of blossoms and thousands of honeybees.


I've been waiting for the storms and clouds to clear for a time-lapse project that's ready-to-go if the sun would just stay out. The frequent rain has been a blessing, but enough already! I'm trying to take a photo every day or two of a big sycamore tree filling up with leaves, and each photo will be a single frame in a short movie. The tree's starting without me and I want sunlight for all the photos so they'll be consistent and pretty.

No comments: