Sunday, March 11, 2007

Red Signals

The diagonal shadow is the rails. I had climbed the embankment at one end of a timber trestle (old type of train bridge) just south of downtown, resting my camera on one of the ties as I stood below ground level.
Not a very safe place--when I heard an approaching coal train I got the heck out of there!

This bridge was the site of a train wreck a few years ago.
Several locomotives and rail cars fell into the San Antonio River that day, but our haz-mat crews quickly contained the spilled diesel and kept it from doing any damage.

I'm starting to think I should change this blog's name to "Views Of Texas At Night". When was the last time I posted a photo taken outdoors during the day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is one of my favorite photos that you have done in a while. I love everything about it.